TRICARE is a form of health insurance that is provided to military retirees by the Department of Defense.
TRICARE Standard pays approximately 75% of healthcare costs and our Supplement pays the other 25% therefore, providing 100% healthcare coverage.
Pre-existing conditions covered
100% of Hospitalizations covered
100% of Doctor's Office visits covered
100% of Prescriptions covered
Any Doctor or Hospital - Not an HMO or PPO
One policy for all 50 states, so plan is portable
No Claim Forms
Yes, they can apply to suspend their coverage at any time. Annuitants can call OPM’s Retirement Information Office at 1-888-767-6738 to obtain a suspension form.
Yes, you can reenroll in the FEHB Program for any reason during a future Open Season.
No. If an annuitant, survivor, or former spouse suspends Self and Family coverage, the coverage of all family
members is suspended as well.
No. An annuitant, survivor, or former spouse can change to Self Only coverage, but this cancels all family
members’ coverage and takes away their future enrollment eligibility.
As long as the annuitant was enrolled in Self and Family coverage when he/she suspended FEHB coverage and made arrangements to leave a survivor annuity, the survivor annuitant can reenroll.
The National Defense Authorization Act for 2001 (Act) extended TRICARE pharmacy coverage to uniformed
services Medicare eligible retirees, spouses, and survivors on April 1, 2001.
Yes, if you are eligible for this TRICARE program, you can suspend your FEHB coverage.
We are a 501c organization which gives voice to military retirees and disabled veterans. AMRA proudly sponsors TRICARE and CHAMPVA Supplements. Our Supplements are underwritten by AEGON Companies and administered by Association & Society Insurance Corporation (ASI).
Our experienced support staff is fully capable of answering all questions pertaining to TRICARE and how it works. Prospective AMRA members will also have access to our knowledgeable customer service representatives to answer any of their questions specifically.
With Association & Society Insurance (ASI) as our full service administrator they will handle every administration function from billing to claims.
An AMRA member has 15 months from the date of TRICARE payment to file a claim. Claims turnaround is typically 7-10 working days.